Do you obsess over designing user experiences that are usable and valuable? Does delighting users with designs that inspire and engage, excite you?
We’re seeking a Senior Visual UX/UI Designer who’s passionate about changing the way people interact with technology. A detailed and systematic thinker who dreams of pattern libraries and uses “whiteboard” as a verb. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality, inspiring visuals - from concept to execution - across multiple platforms. You’re more than a graphic designer, an interface designer, or a wireframe painter—you believe the visual language of a system gives meaning to the entire digital experience. You’ll collaborate and lead other designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use. If that’s you, please apply with links to your portfolio and tell us why this job fits you like a glove.
- Deliver high-quality experiences that are beautiful, effective, representative of the Buildium brand… and modular
- Guide the strategic direction and ongoing refinement of Buildium’s product aesthetic; contribute to user experience vision
- Establish a forward-looking visual framework that makes the design of amazing experiences easy and efficient
- Take an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members and providing art direction to other designers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce and evolve a design system / pattern library and to implement designs into technology frameworks
- Develop and utilize a deep understanding of customer needs by reviewing and participating in user research
- Explore and recommend system-wide design changes that are scalable across platforms, devices, and regions
- 8+ years of relevant design experience characterized by professional growth and successful art direction
- Demonstrable experience conceptualizing, creating and/or extending visual language systems for expansive, data-rich applications
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Strong portfolio of work that includes innovative navigation systems, interface designs patterns, typography, and screen layouts for software and web applications
- Ability to plan and manage design work for 2-3 projects at a time; experience designing for Agile development is a plus
- Degree in visual design, human factors, or a related field is preferred
- Experience using qualitative user research methods is preferred; quantitative methods a plus
- Strong attention to detail and pixel-perfect design; a keen visual sense
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing and changing work environment
- Experience in the SMB market and/or B2C products a plus
What makes Buildium different?
We've shared a lot about what we're looking for, and now it's only fair that we share what you can expect from us. We could write pages on this, but felt this really summed it up:
“....I’ve always thought that highlighting foosball, beer fridges, and a laptop and HD secondary monitor are not really highlighting what’s special about our company--it would make us sound like any other start-up that’s trying to distract people from their less-than-amazing benefits with shiny objects.
What makes us different? We’re a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. There’s zero competition or micromanagement—everyone is the master of their domain, ready to collaborate wholeheartedly with one another and celebrate each other’s successes. Our determination to make our customers’ lives better and break records is contagious—you find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.”
TL;DR => this will be the best company you’ve ever worked for. See for yourself...
- Competitive salary
- Take-what-you-need paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Group life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Opportunity to work in a small, innovative start-up environment
Ping-pong and foosball tables for superior hand-eye coordination